Happy Days . . . welcome to the 1950s.
- Mother Monica, English teacher extraordinaire.
- Drama productions, led by Miss Klein, and Glee Club were popular extracurriculars.
- Former Army Sergeant and Ursuline Phys Ed teacher, Miss Carey, led classes in square dancing, exercises, dodgeball and half-court basketball.
- Washington D.C. trips began mid-decade.
- Ring Day and the school song!
- Tea dances.
Washington D.C. trip. 1954
Helen Waters describes the uniforms of this period, including the Mary Janes. She recalls the amazing Miss Klein, the extraordinary Mother Monica, and the indomitable Miss Carey.
She remembers Mother Francis and her assistant, Miss Nancy. Helen also reminisces about the school song of that decade.
Nancy Waters '65 recounts how the Ursuline Province Center Chapel was built in 1956 and why she loves that space.