Welcome to the 1980s…a decade of expansion at Ursuline and some questionable fashion trends!
- The Tully Family Auditorium - Gymnasium was built in 1981. That same year, the former gymnasium was converted to a Math and Computer suite quickly nicknamed “The Asylum” due to the lack of windows!
- The Age of Computers gets personal! The first PCs came on the scene…a far cry from the laptops students carry today.
- Typing class was still a popular elective.
- In the absence of mobile phones, students waited in line with coins to use two pay phones on campus.
- Argyle socks were worn with the brown plaid skirt and brown blazers until the late 80’s when the brown blazer was mercifully retired to be replaced by the navy and white URSULINE sweatshirts still worn today!