2020s… feels like a whole decade but we’re only two years in!
- The global pandemic changes life and learning as we know it. Students attend school virtually and then on a hybrid schedule for 18 months.
- Varsity A Basketball brings home another Gold Ball, days before the campus closes and we start distance learning.
- Traditions are ingeniously reimagined as drive-throughs or outside.
- Dr. Colleen Melnyk is named the third president of The Ursuline School in 2021.
- The Innovation Hub opens to students in January 2021.
- Ursuline’s Golf Team wins its first State title while the Cross Country, Track & Field and Cheerleading teams continue to dominate.
- Serviam Saturday food drives and a new community service initiative, The Cereal Effect, help to address food insecurity in our area.
- Our 125th commencement is joyfully celebrated in May 2022.
Kelly shares how the 2020 decade started off with boisterous enthusiasm and forward-thinking
growth, most particularly through the launch of the incredible Innovation Campaign. During the pandemic, the commitment of the remarkable Ursuline faculty, administration and staff - the heart and soul of our education and our community - came alive again, just a bit differently.
Kelly and her classmates are off on new paths. These paths back home, to each other and to Ursuline, are etched in their lives in a way that they know will keep them bonded forever.
Isabella ’25 explains how a treasured Steinway grand piano became a delightful addition to the Kulsar & McCarthy Lobby, thanks to the generosity of the Maloney family.