Summer 2021 Session
Registration is open for the Summer 2021 Session.
PLEASE CALL MR. ROBERT TARULLI FOR DETAILS AND TO SIGN UP. (201) 962-7187
For almost 50 years, Drivers Education has been offered at The Ursuline School. During this time we have proudly served the community, giving students the tools, experience and confidence to be safe and responsible drivers.
The program is open to ALL high school students in the area and consists of both driving and lecture classes. Students 16 years of age and older may participate in the program.
Students who complete the course will receive a Certificate of Completion (MV-285), and an Insurance Letter, which will allow:
1) a NYS Junior Permit holder the ability to schedule a road test,
2) a 17 year old the ability to receive a senior license, and
3) a potential auto insurance reduction (contact your insurance company for details).
A 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Course is INCLUDED in this program, meaning a student can also receive a 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Course Completion Certificate (MV-278). Either this MV-278 or the MV-285 can be used to sign up for the NYS Road Test and is required.
As we adhere to all local and state guidelines, we continue to be able to offer this course. Though the way the course is conducted looks different than it ever has, students still have the opportunity to participate and receive the same documentation and certifications as they normally would. Currently we are operating an “All Virtual” program.
Registration Documents will be posted shortly.
1) Each day in the US, approximately 9 people are killed and more than 1,000 injured in crashes that are reported to involve a distracted driver. Here is a comprehensive source of information:
2) To help a student prepare for their permit, here is a link for the New York State Drivers Manual and practice tests:
3) Before a student can take their road test, they must complete at least 50 hours of practice driving. This is a requirement for the state; it is not a requirement for this course. The form that you will use to certify this must be given to the DMV license examiner at the road test. Here is a link to that form:
Mr. Charles Tarulli – Director
Mr. Robert Tarulli
Ms. Gina Tarulli
Mr. Gary Davidson
Mr. Brian Cruger
Ms. Lauren Iorio
Please call: (201) 962-7187