Summer 2023 Session
The next available session is our Summer Session. If you are interested, please contact Mr. Tarulli at (201) 962-7187 for details and to sign up. Please do not call the school directly for Drivers Education inquiries.
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Drivers Education Program at The Ursuline School. During this time we have proudly served the community, giving countless students the tools, education, experience and confidence to be safe and responsible drivers.
The program is open to ALL high school students who are residents of NY state. Students 16 years of age and older may participate in the program and should have their learners permit.
Students who complete the course will receive a Certificate of Completion (MV-285), and an Insurance Letter, which will allow:
1) a NYS Junior Permit holder the ability to schedule a road test,
2) a 17 year old the ability to receive a senior license, and
3) a potential auto insurance reduction (contact your insurance company for details).
A 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Course is INCLUDED in this program, meaning a student can also receive a 5-Hour Pre-Licensing Course Completion Certificate (MV-278). Either this MV-278 or the MV-285 can be used to sign up for the NYS Road Test and is required.
1) Each day in the US, approximately 9 people are killed and more than 1,000 injured in crashes that are reported to involve a distracted driver. Here is a comprehensive source of information:
2) To help a student prepare for their permit, here is a link for the New York State Drivers Manual and practice tests:
3) Before a student can take their road test, they must complete at least 50 hours of practice driving. This is a requirement for the state; it is not a requirement for this course. The form that you will use to certify this must be given to the DMV license examiner at the road test. Here is a link to that form:
Mr. Charles Tarulli – Director
Mr. Robert Tarulli
Ms. Gina Tarulli
Mr. Brian Cruger
Ms. Marie Barry
Please call: (201) 962-7187