Ursuline’s commitment to maintaining diversity and recruiting exceptional students means increasing endowment for scholarships, both need and merit based, must remain a strategic priority.
What is an endowed scholarship and how can it help?
An endowed scholarship is one in which the principal remains intact and only the interest is awarded each year. Endowment creates a permanent funding source designed to support deserving students now, as well as in the future. Endowed scholarships are established with a single major gift or one pledged over a multi-year period.
The minimum amount required to establish an endowed scholarship is $25,000. Once an endowed scholarship has been established, additional donations can be made, sometimes by friends and family members as well, to further grow the fund.
How are endowed scholarships awarded?
Most endowed scholarships are awarded to incoming or rising 9th graders during the admissions process. Upon acceptance, students are informed of available endowed scholarships and invited to apply. Criteria for consideration are provided and applicants are asked to address how they meet the criteria for a scholarship in a personal statement. The Scholarship Committee - composed of representatives from Administration, Admissions, Advancement and Finance - selects the recipients of endowed scholarships.
All recipients of endowed scholarships gather for annual letter writing sessions in the school library led by the Advancement team. The thoughtful and heartfelt letters written by the students go a long way in assuring donors that they have invested wisely. Each June, we host a Benefactor Breakfast where students have the opportunity to spend a morning, including Mass, with their generous benefactors.
Support Ursuline Students
Establishing a scholarship endowment can help provide the opportunity of an Ursuline education for qualified students who may need additional financial support in order to attend. Through these scholarships, donors also recognize and encourage interests and abilities that may have special meaning - such as service to others or potential in STEAM fields. In naming a scholarship, donors may choose to honor or memorialize alumnae, family members, admired administrators, or faculty.
Should you have questions regarding named scholarships, please contact : Eileen Ring , Scholarship Development and Stewardship Coordinator, at email@example.com or (914) 500-6287.
- Serviam General Scholarship Endowment
- Alexandria Brown '20 Scholarship
- Alumnae Association Scholarship
- Andrea Aresi Kanovsky '83 Memorial Scholarship
- Ann Toglia '66 Memorial Scholarship
- Barbara Cunniffe Hornig Memorial Scholarship
- Bernice and Joseph Vrablic Memorial Scholarship
- Cardinal O'Connor Scholarship
- Christine MacMenamin Memorial Scholarship
- Class of 1967 Scholarship
- Class of 1979 Memorial Scholarship
- Class of 1982 Scholarship
- Class of 1984 Scholarship
- Class of 1985 Forever United Scholarship
- Class of 1990 Serviam Scholarship in memory of Bernadette Bleichert Kenney '90
- Dr. Ione Dunkley Edwards Scholarship Award
- Elizabeth Worland Ford Memorial Scholarship
- Edward Merrigan Memorial Scholarship
- Eileen F. Davidson Scholarship
- Emily Clemente Memorial Scholarship
- Gabelli Foundation Scholarship
- Gleason Family Scholarship
- Healy Family Scholarship
- Helen Crossin-Kittle '85 Memorial Scholarship
- Laura Shanahan '84 Memorial Scholarship
- Louise Este Bruce Scholarship
- Lucy Hardiman '05 Scholarship
- Marie T. Murray Memorial Scholarship
- Mary & Paul McEvoy Scholarship
- Maureen Zottner Memorial Scholarship
- Nina Iannotti Maguire '51 Scholarship
- Perez Family Scholarship
- Peter & Carmela Agliardo Memorial Scholarship
- Ryan-Smith Scholarship
- Santangelo Family Scholarship
- Sea Change Scholarship
- Soulful Impact Scholarship
- Sr. Bridget Conwell, OSU Memorial Scholarship
- Sr. Jean Baptiste Nicholson, OSU Memorial Scholarship
- Think Pink Scholarship
- TR Scholarship in honor of Sr. Regina Kehoe, OSU
- Ursula Pioli Callahan Scholarship
- Ursuline Sisters Scholarship
- 6K Scholarship